Tammy Duckworth sworn into Congress
January 3, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- Iraq war vet Tammy Duckworth Is now a member of Congress representing the northwest suburbs.
The Democrat took a ceremonial oath at the Disabled American Veterans office in Washington Thursday afternoon.
Representative Duckworth lost both legs and severely damaged her arm in Iraq while service as an army helicopter pilot.
Duckworth replaces one-term Republican Congressman Joe Walsh.
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 9 min ago
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 23 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma 50 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits 59 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos