Tammy Duckworth sworn into Congress
January 3, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- Iraq war vet Tammy Duckworth Is now a member of Congress representing the northwest suburbs.
The Democrat took a ceremonial oath at the Disabled American Veterans office in Washington Thursday afternoon.
Representative Duckworth lost both legs and severely damaged her arm in Iraq while service as an army helicopter pilot.
Duckworth replaces one-term Republican Congressman Joe Walsh.
- CTA: Red Line delays persist, train service restored 63rd to 95th 50 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos