Tammy Duckworth sworn into Congress
January 3, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- Iraq war vet Tammy Duckworth Is now a member of Congress representing the northwest suburbs.
The Democrat took a ceremonial oath at the Disabled American Veterans office in Washington Thursday afternoon.
Representative Duckworth lost both legs and severely damaged her arm in Iraq while service as an army helicopter pilot.
Duckworth replaces one-term Republican Congressman Joe Walsh.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...