Lombard family divided by BCS Championship game
January 3, 2013 (LOMBARD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Millions of people will watch the BCS Championship game between Alabama and Notre Dame but it hits very close to home for the Miller family of Lombard.
One of the family's sons attends University of Alabama and the other attends Notre Dame.
Who's going to win the game?
"Well Alabama of course," Alabama junior Bobby Miller said.
"Notre Dame is going to win," Notre Dame freshman Jimmy Miller said.
"I just keep telling people I'm Switzerland. I'm not picking a side," their mother Toni Miller said.
The Millers have bonded over football from the beginning. As the possibility the two schools would meet to determine football supremacy built over the fall, their father Jim Miller knew he had to get the family to Miami for the game.
While he loves his sons equally, Jim Miller's Chicago roots won't be denied
"I'm from the South Side of Chicago and it is kind of your birth right," he said. "You have to be a Notre Dame fan and so i have to root for Notre Dame."
local, ravi baichwal
- Major CTA Red Line train delays; No service 63rd to 95th 3 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 24 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
24 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos