Elgin police officer arrests burglary suspect in his own home
January 3, 2013 (ELGIN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A police officer in Elgin arrests a man accused of breaking into the officer's own home.
Twenty-one-year-old Ryan Hukill is behind bars on a felony burglary charge.
Police say the unidentified Elgin police officer stopped at his home while on patrol Wednesday and found Hukill burglarizing his home. That officer took Hukill into custody when he allegedly tried to run away.
Elgin police say Hukill and the officer are neighbors.
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis 20 min ago
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 27 min ago
- NIU hazing death case in court 24 min ago
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4 8 min ago
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mount Baldy to remain closed this summer
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan 1 min ago
- Ex-booster club president pleads guilty to theft
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike 36 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed
- 'Ice Road Truckers' driver charged with kidnapping prostitute
- 1888 shipwreck pictures in SF Bay released
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos