Elgin police officer arrests burglary suspect in his own home
January 3, 2013 (ELGIN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A police officer in Elgin arrests a man accused of breaking into the officer's own home.
Twenty-one-year-old Ryan Hukill is behind bars on a felony burglary charge.
Police say the unidentified Elgin police officer stopped at his home while on patrol Wednesday and found Hukill burglarizing his home. That officer took Hukill into custody when he allegedly tried to run away.
Elgin police say Hukill and the officer are neighbors.
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 48 min ago
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area 50 min ago
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder 55 min ago
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- 3 dolphins pregnant at Brookfield Zoo 40 min ago
- Wife douses husband with beer after Wrigley home run
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
46 min ago
- Lunch Break 05-21-13
4 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
48 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos