Elgin police officer arrests burglary suspect in his own home
January 3, 2013 (ELGIN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A police officer in Elgin arrests a man accused of breaking into the officer's own home.
Twenty-one-year-old Ryan Hukill is behind bars on a felony burglary charge.
Police say the unidentified Elgin police officer stopped at his home while on patrol Wednesday and found Hukill burglarizing his home. That officer took Hukill into custody when he allegedly tried to run away.
Elgin police say Hukill and the officer are neighbors.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 28 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 8 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days
- Midlothian store allegedly burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Me You & Her raises money for Chicago food banks
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
8 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop...
28 min ago
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in...
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos