Suburban couple suing after finding surveillance camera in bedroom
January 3, 2013 (NORTH AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- A North Aurora couple filed a lawsuit against their neighbors.
The neighbors' 16-year-old son is accused of putting a hidden camera in the couple's bedroom.
David and Katerina Speers also have an order of protection against the teen who used to baby-sit their two children.
The Speers contacted police in November after they found a surveillance camera in their bedroom.
They found that it had a video transmission that reached within the range of the teenager's home.
The boy reportedly admitted to police that he put the camera there.
No criminal charges have been filed in the case so far.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 23 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment 56 min ago
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 55 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All