Suburban couple suing after finding surveillance camera in bedroom
January 3, 2013 (NORTH AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- A North Aurora couple filed a lawsuit against their neighbors.
The neighbors' 16-year-old son is accused of putting a hidden camera in the couple's bedroom.
David and Katerina Speers also have an order of protection against the teen who used to baby-sit their two children.
The Speers contacted police in November after they found a surveillance camera in their bedroom.
They found that it had a video transmission that reached within the range of the teenager's home.
The boy reportedly admitted to police that he put the camera there.
No criminal charges have been filed in the case so far.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas