Man found guilty in bar fight that left victim paralyzed, blind and mute
January 3, 2013 (WLS) -- A suburban man was found guilty Thursday for a fight that left a man paralyzed, blind and mute.
24-year old Joseph Messina of New Lenox was been convicted of aggravated battery after severely injuring 29-year old Eric Bartels outside a Mokena bar in 2009.
Messina is awaiting sentencing.
During the trial some witnesses claimed to have seen Messina punch Bartels.
However, some of Messina's friends testified that another man threw the punch not Messina.
That man invoked his constitutional rights and was not forced to testify at the trial.
- LSD reopens after suspicious package investigated 22 min ago
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos