'Soldiers Guardian Angels' host send off for Oak Forest man
January 3, 2013 (OAK FOREST, Ill.) (WLS) -- There was a big send off for a suburban man headed to Afghanistan Thursday evening.
Members of the 'Soldiers Guardian Angels' weren't going to let 18-year old Chad Lange leave without acknowledging his service.
The Oak Forest resident will go first to Fort Hood in Texas before heading overseas.
Lange thanked those who turned out and said he didn't expect anything like it.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos