'Soldiers Guardian Angels' host send off for Oak Forest man
January 3, 2013 (OAK FOREST, Ill.) (WLS) -- There was a big send off for a suburban man headed to Afghanistan Thursday evening.
Members of the 'Soldiers Guardian Angels' weren't going to let 18-year old Chad Lange leave without acknowledging his service.
The Oak Forest resident will go first to Fort Hood in Texas before heading overseas.
Lange thanked those who turned out and said he didn't expect anything like it.
- Spring-like day followed by snow 5 min ago
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking 1 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Semi overturns, dumps beads on Tri-State
- Photos: Irving Park Fire
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Energy deal to save city money, but not customers 1 min ago
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by...
8 min ago
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex...
1 min ago