'Soldiers Guardian Angels' host send off for Oak Forest man
January 3, 2013 (OAK FOREST, Ill.) (WLS) -- There was a big send off for a suburban man headed to Afghanistan Thursday evening.
Members of the 'Soldiers Guardian Angels' weren't going to let 18-year old Chad Lange leave without acknowledging his service.
The Oak Forest resident will go first to Fort Hood in Texas before heading overseas.
Lange thanked those who turned out and said he didn't expect anything like it.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen 15 min ago
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- ABC7 to Go Digital Newscast April 18, 2014
21 min ago