Riverside puppy killed, likely by coyote
January 4, 2013 (RIVERSIDE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police in west suburban Riverside are warning people about a coyote believed to have killed a puppy.
The 7-month-old bichon-poodle mix was attacked Saturday night and later died.
A veterinarian who treated the puppy says the injuries were consistent with a coyote attack.
The owner did not actually see a coyote. However, police say wild animal sightings are not unknown in Riverside, including coyotes, which have been spotted in the area in the past.
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in 18 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Amputee Coalition camp builds support for youth 37 min ago
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
18 min ago
- Amputee Coalition camp builds support for...
37 min ago