McHenry Co. chief judge to announce Vanecko judge choice
January 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- We could find out Friday which judge will preside over the trial of former mayor Richard Daley's nephew.Richard Vanecko is charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of David Koschman.
Vanecko allegedly knocked him down in a fight outside a Chicago bar in 2004. Koschman died days later.
The Illinois Supreme Court ruled last month a judge from outside Chicago will preside over Vanecko's trial.
The McHenry County chief judge is expected to announce his choice Friday.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing 56 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death 42 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka 33 min ago
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77