Grandmother allegedly abandoned 3-year-old on CTA bus
January 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago woman was arrested after allegedly abandoning her granddaughter on a CTA bus.
Elaine Overton was charged with endangering the life and health of a child and possession of heroin, according to police.
Police were called to a CTA bus Wednesday night when a passenger noticed the 3-year-old girl did not have adult supervision, police said.
Officers were able to locate the toddler's mother and later arrested Overton, according to a Chicago Police News Affairs press release.
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs 5 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 13 min ago
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured 35 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 1 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked 59 min ago
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Rod Blagojevich's wife Patti 'feeling hopeful' for appeal
- Alleged robber shot, killed by store owner ID'd
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash 41 min ago
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
13 min ago
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city,...
5 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
1 min ago