Grandmother allegedly abandoned 3-year-old on CTA bus
January 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago woman was arrested after allegedly abandoning her granddaughter on a CTA bus.
Elaine Overton was charged with endangering the life and health of a child and possession of heroin, according to police.
Police were called to a CTA bus Wednesday night when a passenger noticed the 3-year-old girl did not have adult supervision, police said.
Officers were able to locate the toddler's mother and later arrested Overton, according to a Chicago Police News Affairs press release.
- CPS protesters give up sit-in, school closes for good
- Hawks fans anxiously awaited OT goal, tied series
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blackhawks beat Bruins 6-5 in Game 4 OT, tie series 2-2
- 9 students hospitalized after pepper spray accident
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit