Bobby Rush proposes gun legislation in honor of slain Chicago teen
January 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois Congressman Bobby Rush has re-introduced gun legislation named for slain Chicago teenager Blair Holt.
One of the things "Blair's Bill" would accomplish is creating gun identification numbers.
Rush said that would help law enforcement track guns.
The proposal would also require those who have guns to be trained in gun safety, handling and storage.
Blair Holt was shot to death in 2007 while riding a CTA bus home from school.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 3 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 50 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
3 min ago