1 dead in South Side fire
January 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One man has been found dead inside a burned South Side home Saturday evening.
Firefighters responded to the house fire in the 8500 block of South Knox Avenue.
The victim, described as a male in his mid-40s, was discovered during a search of the one-story, single-family home once the fire had been brought under control.
The cause of the fire and the man's cause of death remain under investigation.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game weather 48 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 8 min ago
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up 2 min ago
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela 2 min ago
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
8 min ago
- 7 in :77
11 min ago
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game...
48 min ago