Chicago Ridge deputy fire chief charged in alleged home invasion
January 5, 2013 (CHICAGO RIDGE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A Chicago Ridge deputy fire chief is in custody Saturday night in connection with a home invasion in Tinley Park.
Gary Swiercz is charged with home invasion, attempted murder, unlawful restraint, burglary and attempted sexual assault.
He had worked with the Chicago Ridge Fire Department for 24 years without any previous problems.
Police are still investigating the invasion.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 28 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 36 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears 59 min ago
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained 18 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
36 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
28 min ago