Dan Ryan Expressway shooting kills 1, injures 2 near 18th Street and Canal Street exits
January 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was killed and two others were hurt in a shooting on the Dan Ryan Expressway Sunday.
Authorities say the shooting happened just after 2 a.m. in the northbound lanes of the expressway between the 18th Street and Canal Street exits.
Three people were shot. One of them was able to drive the vehicle to the hospital.
A second person in the car died. That victim has been identified as 22-year-old Lavonshay Cooper.
Another man was transported to a hospital in critical condition with several gunshot wounds.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos