Dan Ryan Expressway shooting kills 1, injures 2 near 18th Street and Canal Street exits
January 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was killed and two others were hurt in a shooting on the Dan Ryan Expressway Sunday.
Authorities say the shooting happened just after 2 a.m. in the northbound lanes of the expressway between the 18th Street and Canal Street exits.
Three people were shot. One of them was able to drive the vehicle to the hospital.
A second person in the car died. That victim has been identified as 22-year-old Lavonshay Cooper.
Another man was transported to a hospital in critical condition with several gunshot wounds.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year