Historic church gifted land for expansion
January 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One of Chicago's historic churches has been gifted more than 14 acres so it can expand to accommodate its growing congregation.
The Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church now owns the former headquarters of the SoftSheen beauty company.
The vacant site on South Lafayette Avenue was donated to the church by an Oklahoma-based foundation specializing in faith-based initiatives.
The church plans to use it to house a new sanctuary, school, and youth center.
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area