Historic church gifted land for expansion
January 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One of Chicago's historic churches has been gifted more than 14 acres so it can expand to accommodate its growing congregation.
The Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church now owns the former headquarters of the SoftSheen beauty company.
The vacant site on South Lafayette Avenue was donated to the church by an Oklahoma-based foundation specializing in faith-based initiatives.
The church plans to use it to house a new sanctuary, school, and youth center.
- Lake Shore Drive closed Wilson to Foster 4 min ago
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos