Historic church gifted land for expansion
January 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One of Chicago's historic churches has been gifted more than 14 acres so it can expand to accommodate its growing congregation.
The Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church now owns the former headquarters of the SoftSheen beauty company.
The vacant site on South Lafayette Avenue was donated to the church by an Oklahoma-based foundation specializing in faith-based initiatives.
The church plans to use it to house a new sanctuary, school, and youth center.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boston Marathon bombing comment no threat to St. Patrick's Day...
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam 32 min ago
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case 24 min ago
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD