Good Samaritans help catch mugging suspect
January 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are calling two Good Samaritans heroes for their role in catching a suspect in a Lincoln Park mugging.
The attack happened near the intersection of Halsted and Diversey.
The suspect, identified as 30-year-old parolee Jose Rodriguez, is accused of grabbing a 29-year-old female from behind, threatening her with a screwdriver, and running off with her purse.
A Good Samaritan saw the attack and chased the suspect. Another witness helped tackle Rodriguez and the two men held him until police arrived.
The victim was not seriously injured.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area 1 min ago
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana 45 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore 47 min ago
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened 54 min ago
- Man believed to be Gacy victim found, reunited with family 5 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40 million accounts 46 min ago
- Over 80 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- Fans, former colleagues remember 'Superjock' Larry Lujack 56 min ago
- Toys for Tots gifts needed
9 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40...
46 min ago