Aurora mayor wants officer bonuses for homicide-free 2012
January 7, 2013 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- The mayor of Aurora wants to give police officers $500 bonuses.
It's a reward for the city's first homicide-free year since 1946.
The bonuses would cost a total of $144,500 dollars for the 289 sworn officers.
The city council's finance committee will consider the matter Tuesday.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 58 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to... 8 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77