Hospital volunteer turns 100 years old
January 8, 2013 (WLS) -- Kathryn Brackett says she didn't think getting to 100 was that important, but the staff and her fellow volunteers at Adventist Hinsdale Hospital did.
They celebrated her 100th birthday during a gathering of the weekly sewing circle. The group sews pillows for patients in the pediatric unit.
Brackett has been volunteering at the hospital since 1978. Since then she's logged about 55-hundred hours.
When asked her secret to a long life, Brackett credited her family.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by 3 min ago
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run 6 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 16 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout