Convicted Deerfield man claims girlfriend killed her mother
January 8, 2013 (DEERFIELD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A suburban Deerfield man convicted of beating his girlfriend's mother to death in 2010 now claims that his girlfriend committed the crime.
Daniel Baker was found guilty in murder of Marina Aksman in Villa Park after a failed insanity plea.
Court documents show that Baker has now filed a motion blaming the victim's daughter, Kristina Aksman, for the murder.
His claim will be addressed at a hearing early next month.
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- Chicago students take part in poetry festival
- Video: Ice chunks undulate on Lake Michigan
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping