Rod Blagojevich impeached four years ago Wednesday
January 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Wednesday marks the fourth anniversary of the day former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was impeached.
The Illinois House of Representatives voted 114 to 1 January 9, 2009 to impeach the Blagojevich. His sister-in-law, Rep. Deb Mell, was the lone dissenting vote.
Blagojevich was the first governor impeached in Illinois history.
He was later removed from office following a state Senate trial and a unanimous vote.
Blagojevich is currently serving a 14-year sentence for political corruption in a Colorado prison.
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Temps dip to 18-year low, more snow on the way 1 min ago
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Firefighter crashes van into Ind. home, suffers burns 5 min ago
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Flossmoor fire injures woman
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert
- O'Hare yoga room opening
- Bobby Rush returning to Congress from leave of absence
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- SNAP: Reaction to Lakeview priest allegations not enough
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- abcnews: Football player suspended for snowball fight
- 7 in :77
- Temps dip to 18-year low, more snow on the...
1 min ago