Rod Blagojevich impeached four years ago Wednesday
January 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Wednesday marks the fourth anniversary of the day former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was impeached.
The Illinois House of Representatives voted 114 to 1 January 9, 2009 to impeach the Blagojevich. His sister-in-law, Rep. Deb Mell, was the lone dissenting vote.
Blagojevich was the first governor impeached in Illinois history.
He was later removed from office following a state Senate trial and a unanimous vote.
Blagojevich is currently serving a 14-year sentence for political corruption in a Colorado prison.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash 2 min ago
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 12 min ago
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77