Rod Blagojevich impeached four years ago Wednesday
January 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Wednesday marks the fourth anniversary of the day former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was impeached.
The Illinois House of Representatives voted 114 to 1 January 9, 2009 to impeach the Blagojevich. His sister-in-law, Rep. Deb Mell, was the lone dissenting vote.
Blagojevich was the first governor impeached in Illinois history.
He was later removed from office following a state Senate trial and a unanimous vote.
Blagojevich is currently serving a 14-year sentence for political corruption in a Colorado prison.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores 25 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays 6 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage 52 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
19 min ago
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's...
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos