Rod Blagojevich impeached four years ago Wednesday
January 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Wednesday marks the fourth anniversary of the day former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was impeached.
The Illinois House of Representatives voted 114 to 1 January 9, 2009 to impeach the Blagojevich. His sister-in-law, Rep. Deb Mell, was the lone dissenting vote.
Blagojevich was the first governor impeached in Illinois history.
He was later removed from office following a state Senate trial and a unanimous vote.
Blagojevich is currently serving a 14-year sentence for political corruption in a Colorado prison.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds