2 arrested in Chicago Heights drug bust
January 9, 2013 (CHICAGO HEIGHTS) (WLS) -- Chicago Heights police and federal investigators take down what they call one of the biggest illegal drug operations in that suburb's history.
After an 8 month investigation, authorities recovered seven pounds of cocaine and a pound of heroin. They also recovered automatic weapons and ammunition.
The two men were taken into custody on felony drug charges.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 6 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 50 min ago
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds