South Shore burglaries on the rise
January 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Residents in Chicago's South Shore community are on alert because of an increase in burglaries.
The burglaries are reported in an area bordering 69th Street on the north, 71st Street to the south, Jeffrey on the west, and South Shore Drive on the east.
Police say bandits are breaking in through doors and windows and robbing homes.
Residents are urged to keep their homes locked and well lit and report any suspicious activity.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 11 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 21 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos