South Shore burglaries on the rise
January 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Residents in Chicago's South Shore community are on alert because of an increase in burglaries.
The burglaries are reported in an area bordering 69th Street on the north, 71st Street to the south, Jeffrey on the west, and South Shore Drive on the east.
Police say bandits are breaking in through doors and windows and robbing homes.
Residents are urged to keep their homes locked and well lit and report any suspicious activity.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 8 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby 14 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school 11 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Fatally shot alleged robber suspected in Harvey cop shooting
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs 22 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Chicago airports rank poorly for on-time departures 58 min ago
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to...
11 min ago
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
8 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
14 min ago