Police: Man on 'jihad' threatened to blow up CTA bus
January 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man is charged with threatening to blow up a CTA bus filled with passengers.
Police say Caleb Russell was on a bus Monday when he began making racial remarks.
The bus driver pushed the panic button and passengers ran out.
Russell later allegedly told officers he was on a "jihad against the white devil."
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 17 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine 3 min ago
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- ABC7 to Go, April 17, 2014
44 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos