Police: Man on 'jihad' threatened to blow up CTA bus
January 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man is charged with threatening to blow up a CTA bus filled with passengers.
Police say Caleb Russell was on a bus Monday when he began making racial remarks.
The bus driver pushed the panic button and passengers ran out.
Russell later allegedly told officers he was on a "jihad against the white devil."
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse 19 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 46 min ago
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House 58 min ago
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'