Suspected salon robber strikes again, pulls gun on cashier in Skokie
January 10, 2013 (SKOKIE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A hair salon robber struck again Thursday in north suburban Skokie.
A man pulled a gun on a Supercuts cashier at the salon near Dempster and Central Park Avenue around 12:25 p.m., according to Skokie police.
An employee recognized the man wearing a black hooded sweatshirt from an earlier police alert, authorities said.
The suspect is described as a white male between 35-45 years of age, around 200-230 pounds and around 5'10" and 6'01", according to a police press release.
There were no reported injuries, police said.
He is a suspect in other reported salon robberies in Chicago, Lombard, Bensenville, Glen Ellyn. Skokie, Morton Grove and Niles, according to police.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 19 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago 10 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77