Suspected salon robber strikes again, pulls gun on cashier in Skokie
January 10, 2013 (SKOKIE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A hair salon robber struck again Thursday in north suburban Skokie.
A man pulled a gun on a Supercuts cashier at the salon near Dempster and Central Park Avenue around 12:25 p.m., according to Skokie police.
An employee recognized the man wearing a black hooded sweatshirt from an earlier police alert, authorities said.
The suspect is described as a white male between 35-45 years of age, around 200-230 pounds and around 5'10" and 6'01", according to a police press release.
There were no reported injuries, police said.
He is a suspect in other reported salon robberies in Chicago, Lombard, Bensenville, Glen Ellyn. Skokie, Morton Grove and Niles, according to police.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos