Loop day care and preschool facility set to close
January 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago day care and preschool facility in Chicago's Loop suddenly announced that it is closing.
Parents at Windy City Kids said the news of the closure came with no official explanation.
The government agency that helps run the center said the closure is due to budget problems.
Almost 80 children attend the center and they are looking for a new place to go.
The center is managed by Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago, according to the daycare's website.
The Easter Seals spokesperson said that they have been providing high quality day care to the children for the past 15 years.
They have two other child development centers in the city and hope to build another one in the Loop.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 12 min ago
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos