Loop day care and preschool facility set to close
January 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago day care and preschool facility in Chicago's Loop suddenly announced that it is closing.
Parents at Windy City Kids said the news of the closure came with no official explanation.
The government agency that helps run the center said the closure is due to budget problems.
Almost 80 children attend the center and they are looking for a new place to go.
The center is managed by Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago, according to the daycare's website.
The Easter Seals spokesperson said that they have been providing high quality day care to the children for the past 15 years.
They have two other child development centers in the city and hope to build another one in the Loop.
local, theresa gutierrez
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 8 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food 17 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run 5 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
8 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos