CTA fare change: Price for passes going up, students getting bigger discount
January 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The cost of most Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) passes goes up Monday, but students will get a new fare discount.
The CTA is raising the price of one-day, three-day, seven-day, and 30-day passes to help balance its 2013 budget.
However, students ages 7 to 20 will now pay a 75-cent fare during school hours. Until now, students had paid the general reduced fare.
For more information on fare changes, visit www.transitchicago.com/farechanges/.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill. 49 min ago
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations