CTA fare change: Price for passes going up, students getting bigger discount
January 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The cost of most Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) passes goes up Monday, but students will get a new fare discount.
The CTA is raising the price of one-day, three-day, seven-day, and 30-day passes to help balance its 2013 budget.
However, students ages 7 to 20 will now pay a 75-cent fare during school hours. Until now, students had paid the general reduced fare.
For more information on fare changes, visit www.transitchicago.com/farechanges/.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 57 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
5 min ago
- 7 in :77