7 students sickened by mace-like spray at school
Janaury 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago paramedics checked out students who got sick or overcome with some type of ''release'' believed to be pepper spray.
The incident took place about 9:20 a.m. at the Beasley Magnet Academic Center elementary school lunchroom at 5255 South State Street.
Seven students were taken to hospitals after being sprayed by another student. That student was removed from the premises, school officials said.
An EMS Plan I response, which sends at least five ambulances, was called.
Chicago Public Schools said parents of the affected students were notified immediately and a letter and robocalls were going out to all parents notifying them of the incident.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat 57 min ago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home