Bears fans excited, hopeful about Marc Trestman hire
January 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The public won't hear from new Bears head coach Marc Trestman until Thursday but fans have plenty to say about the new hire.
Bears fans are hoping Trestman can breathe some life into the team's offense.
Trestman is a risky hire, according to ESPN Senior Writer Lester Munson.
"I am surprised he would go to CFL and look for a coach," Munson said. "Marc Trestman is a very promising guy but this is outside the conventional wisdom that governs the NFL."
Trestman has spent the last five years in Canada with the Montreal Allouettes.
"His record speaks for itself. He's gotten great results," CFL fan and the head of Quebec Delegation in Chicago Eric Marquis said. "The CFL is a quarterback driven league. The NFL is becoming increasingly like that, just look at the conference coming up."
Few people in Chicago have heard of him but there is a lot of excitement.
From the breakfast crowd at Lou Mitchell's to the lunch crowd at Ditka's, there are high hopes all around that Trestman will turn out to be just what the doctor ordered for the Bears.
"We're long overdue. They started out so great. And they broke my heart. I actually cried one day," Bears fan Sandra Morrison said.
local, michelle gallardo
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- London theater balcony believed to have collapsed 11 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40 million accounts 12 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus