Pregnant woman found dead in Hickory Hills
January 18, 2013 (HICKORY HILLS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police in southwest suburban Hickory Hills say the deaths of a mother and a newborn baby in their home were not the result of foul play or domestic violence.
Investigators say 38-year-old Margaret Jefferson had been sick for two weeks and may have died from complications brought on by the flu during the late stage of her pregnancy.
The medical examiner says she died of natural causes.
First responders crews found Jefferson Thursday. She had delivered her baby, which was stillborn.
An autopsy is being conducted.
local, diane pathieu
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 15 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman 44 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 23 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side 2 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 2 min ago
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 56 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
15 min ago
- Daily Herald: Long-time Married Couples
10 min ago
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
44 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos