Pregnant woman found dead in Hickory Hills
January 18, 2013 (HICKORY HILLS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police in southwest suburban Hickory Hills say the deaths of a mother and a newborn baby in their home were not the result of foul play or domestic violence.
Investigators say 38-year-old Margaret Jefferson had been sick for two weeks and may have died from complications brought on by the flu during the late stage of her pregnancy.
The medical examiner says she died of natural causes.
First responders crews found Jefferson Thursday. She had delivered her baby, which was stillborn.
An autopsy is being conducted.
local, diane pathieu
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen 48 min ago
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- ABC7 to Go Digital Newscast April 18, 2014
54 min ago