Jazz Fest 2013 moves to Chicago's Millennium Park
January 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Jazz Festival will move to Millennium Park for its 35th year, August 29-September 1, 2013.
Performances will also be held at the Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E. Washington.
The festival, presented by the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events in partnership with the Jazz Institute of Chicago, starts on Friday at 2 p.m. to 10 p.m., and runs Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. with three stages. Get updates at chicagojazzfestival.us.
The 2013 Artist in Residence is Chicago drummer/percussionist Hamed Drake, who moved to the Chicago area with his parents in the early sixties, living on the same street as Fred Anderson who would mentor the pre-teen drummer. By the early seventies, Drake joined Anderson's band, playing with him on stage at the inaugural Chicago Jazz Festival in 1979.
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemo 1 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Metra train fatally hits man on NW Side 53 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 50 min ago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Blind man survives track fall as LA train arrives 26 min ago
- Go offline for National Day of Unplugging 16 min ago
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 7 in :77