Jazz Fest 2013 moves to Chicago's Millennium Park
January 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Jazz Festival will move to Millennium Park for its 35th year, August 29-September 1, 2013.
Performances will also be held at the Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E. Washington.
The festival, presented by the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events in partnership with the Jazz Institute of Chicago, starts on Friday at 2 p.m. to 10 p.m., and runs Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. with three stages. Get updates at chicagojazzfestival.us.
The 2013 Artist in Residence is Chicago drummer/percussionist Hamed Drake, who moved to the Chicago area with his parents in the early sixties, living on the same street as Fred Anderson who would mentor the pre-teen drummer. By the early seventies, Drake joined Anderson's band, playing with him on stage at the inaugural Chicago Jazz Festival in 1979.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie apartment residents 6 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum 10 min ago
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie...
6 min ago
- Chicago remembers radio legend Larry Lujack
48 min ago