Brookfield Zoo welcomed 2.3M people
January 18, 2013 (BROOKFIELD, Ill.) -- Brookfield Zoo hits new, all-time attendance record.
Zoo officials say in 2012 more than 2.3 million people walked through its gates. That shatters a previous record high set in 2010.
Great weather in December is credited for helping push attendance to new highs. The Brookfield Zoo is 78 years old and is run by the nonprofit Chicago Zoological Society.
brookfield zoo, local
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos