Brookfield Zoo welcomed 2.3M people
January 18, 2013 (BROOKFIELD, Ill.) -- Brookfield Zoo hits new, all-time attendance record.
Zoo officials say in 2012 more than 2.3 million people walked through its gates. That shatters a previous record high set in 2010.
Great weather in December is credited for helping push attendance to new highs. The Brookfield Zoo is 78 years old and is run by the nonprofit Chicago Zoological Society.
brookfield zoo, local
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus