Brookfield Zoo welcomed 2.3M people
January 18, 2013 (BROOKFIELD, Ill.) -- Brookfield Zoo hits new, all-time attendance record.
Zoo officials say in 2012 more than 2.3 million people walked through its gates. That shatters a previous record high set in 2010.
Great weather in December is credited for helping push attendance to new highs. The Brookfield Zoo is 78 years old and is run by the nonprofit Chicago Zoological Society.
brookfield zoo, local
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap