Men charged in Melrose Park murder, carjacking
January 18, 2013 (MELROSE PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two men are charged in the death of a Melrose Park woman who was shot to death during a carjacking.
Police say Marquis Byrd and Jeffrey Cooper are both charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the death of Maricela Vera, 41. She was shot to death Tuesday evening in what police say was an armed robbery and carjacking. Her body was found inside her garage
Byrd and Cooper were each taken into custody at the scene. They are expected to appear in bond court Saturday.
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 37 min ago
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot 50 min ago
- Woman killed, 4 critically injured in Far South Side crash
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
37 min ago
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side...
24 min ago
- CTA Red Line reconstruction officially...
41 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos