Call for special prosecutor in 2010 choking death of homeless man
January 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congressman Bobby Rush is calling for a special prosecutor to look into the 2010 choking death of homeless man Anthony Kyser.
Video of Kyser's death surfaced recently and shows a struggle between Kyser and a CVS store manager.
Kyser allegedly stole toothpaste from the store and the manager chased him into the alley.
Kyser was choked to death in the struggle.
Police say the death was an accident and no charges were ever filed in the case.
Rush sent a letter to Circuit Court Chief Judge Timothy Evans regarding the matter.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 53 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 24 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 44 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
53 min ago