Call for special prosecutor in 2010 choking death of homeless man
January 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Congressman Bobby Rush is calling for a special prosecutor to look into the 2010 choking death of homeless man Anthony Kyser.
Video of Kyser's death surfaced recently and shows a struggle between Kyser and a CVS store manager.
Kyser allegedly stole toothpaste from the store and the manager chased him into the alley.
Kyser was choked to death in the struggle.
Police say the death was an accident and no charges were ever filed in the case.
Rush sent a letter to Circuit Court Chief Judge Timothy Evans regarding the matter.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 47 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 17 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted 10 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 37 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 57 min ago
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
17 min ago
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
30 min ago