High school basketball game closed to public, security increased
January 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police stepped up security at a high school basketball game Friday night following the fatal shooting outside the Morgan Park-Simeon game.
Simeon's game against Percy Julian High School was also closed to the public.
Two students were suspended after a fight broke out between Simeon and Morgan Park's teams following a game Wednesday evening.
Tyrone Lawson, 17, was shot and killed after that fight spilled out into the parking lot.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing 53 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death 39 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka 30 min ago
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77