Call for action against CPS school closings
January 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Parents, students and teachers are uniting in a call for action to save dozens of neighborhood schools from closing.
Nearly 200 schools are on the Chicago Public School list to possibly be closed.
Volunteers gathered at seven schools around the city to create a strategy showing their commitment to keeping them open.
High schools, Level 1 elementary schools and some other schools that are still growing are expected to be safe.
CPS says it will release its official list of schools that need defending next month.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by 58 min ago
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night 47 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet 14 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 17 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77
29 min ago
- Divvy Week kicks off in Chicago
51 min ago