Call for action against CPS school closings
January 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Parents, students and teachers are uniting in a call for action to save dozens of neighborhood schools from closing.
Nearly 200 schools are on the Chicago Public School list to possibly be closed.
Volunteers gathered at seven schools around the city to create a strategy showing their commitment to keeping them open.
High schools, Level 1 elementary schools and some other schools that are still growing are expected to be safe.
CPS says it will release its official list of schools that need defending next month.
- Winning Powerball numbers announced
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin