Mass marks Roe v. Wade anniversary
January 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Holy Name Cathedral marked the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade with a mass for life Saturday night.
Participants mourned the lives lost as well as the families affected by abortion since it was legalized in 1973.
At the beginning of the service, 25 people each carried a red rose to the shrine with each rose symbolizing a thousand lives lost to abortion.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wicker Park water main break gushes for hours
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids 46 min ago
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- Suit: Wrestler dating ex pushed man down stairs at custody... 38 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand