Mass marks Roe v. Wade anniversary
January 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Holy Name Cathedral marked the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade with a mass for life Saturday night.
Participants mourned the lives lost as well as the families affected by abortion since it was legalized in 1973.
At the beginning of the service, 25 people each carried a red rose to the shrine with each rose symbolizing a thousand lives lost to abortion.
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Milwaukee District West Metra trains moving, but delayed
- Skokie mosquito tests positive for West Nile virus
- More than 8 percent of Illinois bridges structurally deficient
- Red Line reconstruction project on time, within budget
- State lawmakers send pension crisis to committee
- Long lines for Cook County flood assistance
- Blackhawks fans show support with lawns, office decor
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit