Mass marks Roe v. Wade anniversary
January 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Holy Name Cathedral marked the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade with a mass for life Saturday night.
Participants mourned the lives lost as well as the families affected by abortion since it was legalized in 1973.
At the beginning of the service, 25 people each carried a red rose to the shrine with each rose symbolizing a thousand lives lost to abortion.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- NU women's basketball team committed to autism awareness
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...