Musical tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
January 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Music was one of many tributes to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on Saturday night in advance of Monday's holiday to honor the slain civil rights leader.
Too Hot To Handel: The Jazz Gospel Messiah was performed at Chicago's Auditorium Theatre. As the name suggests, it is a reinvention of Handel's Messiah featuring dozens of musicians and singers.
There is another performance Sunday.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents 40 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 28 min ago
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 10 min ago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
38 min ago