Teachers, District 46 officials head back to bargaining table
January 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Talks to end a teachers strike in the far northern suburbs were on again Sunday.
Teachers in community school District 46 walked off the job Wednesday after contract negotiations broke down.
The school district and the teachers union were scheduled to meet again Sunday to continue bargaining.
District 46 serves 4,000 elementary and middle school students in seven Lake Co. communities, including Grayslake, Round Lake, and Lake Villa.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night 50 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet 17 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 20 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77
32 min ago
- Divvy Week kicks off in Chicago
54 min ago