Harold Washington statue in Bronzeville damaged
January 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Police Department asked for the public's help Sunday.
Police are looking for the people responsible for damaging and stealing the front portion of a statue of Chicago's first African American Mayor, Harold Washington.
The statue is outside of the cultural center that bears his name in the Bronzeville neighborhood.
Anyone with information is asked to call CPD.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Fatally shot alleged robber suspected in Harvey cop shooting
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case