Harold Washington statue in Bronzeville damaged
January 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Police Department asked for the public's help Sunday.
Police are looking for the people responsible for damaging and stealing the front portion of a statue of Chicago's first African American Mayor, Harold Washington.
The statue is outside of the cultural center that bears his name in the Bronzeville neighborhood.
Anyone with information is asked to call CPD.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All