District 46 teachers strike ends
January 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A teachers strike is over in far north suburban Lake County after District 46 officials and teachers reached a tentative agreement early Monday. Classes will resume Tuesday.
Sunday, about 20 residents attended a public meeting to address the strike in school District 46, which serves seven communities, including Grayslake and Lake Villa.
Dozens more rallied to support the teachers who walked off the job Wednesday.
Both sides say they look forward to welcoming students back to school Tuesday, after Monday's Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples 9 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos