District 46 teachers strike ends
January 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A teachers strike is over in far north suburban Lake County after District 46 officials and teachers reached a tentative agreement early Monday. Classes will resume Tuesday.
Sunday, about 20 residents attended a public meeting to address the strike in school District 46, which serves seven communities, including Grayslake and Lake Villa.
Dozens more rallied to support the teachers who walked off the job Wednesday.
Both sides say they look forward to welcoming students back to school Tuesday, after Monday's Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Deer on tracks halts Blue Line service temporarily
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses... 58 min ago
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos