Lupe Fiasco thrown out of inauguration party for Obama rant
January 21, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- A rapper from Chicago went on a half-hour tirade against President Barack Obama at a Washington, D.C., inauguration party Sunday.
Lupe Fiasco was asked to leave the stage 30 minutes into the rant.
"These same people supposedly telling us the truth/Limbaugh is a racist/Glebb Beck is a racist/Gaza Strip was getting bombed/Obama didn't say s---," Fiasco rapped. "that's why I ain't vote for him, next one either/I'm part of the problem/My problem is I'm peaceful."
Several published reports say Fiasco was asked to play a different song, but when he refused, he was escorted offstage and off the premises.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 3 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 48 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos