Lupe Fiasco thrown out of inauguration party for Obama rant
January 21, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- A rapper from Chicago went on a half-hour tirade against President Barack Obama at a Washington, D.C., inauguration party Sunday.
Lupe Fiasco was asked to leave the stage 30 minutes into the rant.
"These same people supposedly telling us the truth/Limbaugh is a racist/Glebb Beck is a racist/Gaza Strip was getting bombed/Obama didn't say s---," Fiasco rapped. "that's why I ain't vote for him, next one either/I'm part of the problem/My problem is I'm peaceful."
Several published reports say Fiasco was asked to play a different song, but when he refused, he was escorted offstage and off the premises.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash 16 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley 33 min ago
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT 56 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 23 min ago
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos