Ammonia, bleach in bathtub sicken firefighters, resident
January 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Five Chicago firefighters and one resident were treated Monday for ''respiratory distress.''
Officials say they were overcome by fumes from ammonia and bleach in a bathtub at a home in the 8100- block of South Campbell. The firefighters originally responded a furnace fire, which was quickly put out.
One other firefighter was hurt when he slipped on ice.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 18 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 17 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 8 min ago
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 5 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign 4 min ago
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77