Ammonia, bleach in bathtub sicken firefighters, resident
January 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Five Chicago firefighters and one resident were treated Monday for ''respiratory distress.''
Officials say they were overcome by fumes from ammonia and bleach in a bathtub at a home in the 8100- block of South Campbell. The firefighters originally responded a furnace fire, which was quickly put out.
One other firefighter was hurt when he slipped on ice.
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana
- Fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Woman, 23, missing from Lincoln Square
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Mayor to create grocery store task force
- 2 men arrested on drug charges 53 min ago
- Chicago Bears visit Washington IL as tornado communities brace... 36 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 2015 Ford Mustang unveiling to celebrate 50 years
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos