Ammonia, bleach in bathtub sicken firefighters, resident
January 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Five Chicago firefighters and one resident were treated Monday for ''respiratory distress.''
Officials say they were overcome by fumes from ammonia and bleach in a bathtub at a home in the 8100- block of South Campbell. The firefighters originally responded a furnace fire, which was quickly put out.
One other firefighter was hurt when he slipped on ice.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody 4 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans