Hyde Parkers gather to watch inauguration
January 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Thousands of people in Chicago spent the day watching the Presidential Inauguration.
In President Obama's former neighborhood, Hyde Park, people were glued to the television at Valois Restaurant.
Valois, which is known for its breakfast food, is one of Obama's favorite Hyde Park restaurants.
His fans and supporters said they wanted a good seat to watch history unfold.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station 52 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus