Volunteers brighten up school to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
January 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of volunteers donated their time Monday in the spirit of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and his commitment to community service.
600 volunteers joined a group called "City Year Chicago" to spruce up hallways and classrooms at Lafayette Elementary School in Chicago's Humboldt Park neighborhood.
They said they hope the colorful murals will inspire students and enhance their learning environment.
- McHenry, Lake, DeKalb counties on alert for freezing rain 1 min ago
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- McHenry, Lake, DeKalb counties on alert for...
1 min ago