Massive fire breaks out in Bridgeport warehouse
January 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A major fire broke out in a five-story vacant warehouse in the 3700-block of South Ashland Avenue Tuesday night, according to fire officials.
There are around 50 fire companies and 170 firefighters on the scene as of 10:00 p.m., the Office of News Affairs for the Chicago Fire Department said.
About a third of Chicago's fire apparatus is at the fire, according to fire officials.
The fire is classified as a "511" fire plus a special alarm for more trucks, officials said.
"This will be an extended operation. No injuries so far. 511 plus special is extremely rare," the CFD media affairs office tweeted.
The building collapsed in the rear, authorities said.
No has been injured as of 10:00 p.m., fire officials said.
local, john garcia
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff 11 min ago
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 51 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- Toddler reported missing on South Side 33 min ago
- Kevin Trudeau to be sentenced in federal court 5 min ago
- Person hit by train in Grayslake, Metra affected
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- 2 found dead in Michigan City shooting
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
1 min ago
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
33 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour...
11 min ago