Massive fire breaks out in Bridgeport warehouse
January 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A major fire broke out in a five-story vacant warehouse in the 3700-block of South Ashland Avenue Tuesday night, according to fire officials.
There are around 50 fire companies and 170 firefighters on the scene as of 10:00 p.m., the Office of News Affairs for the Chicago Fire Department said.
About a third of Chicago's fire apparatus is at the fire, according to fire officials.
The fire is classified as a "511" fire plus a special alarm for more trucks, officials said.
"This will be an extended operation. No injuries so far. 511 plus special is extremely rare," the CFD media affairs office tweeted.
The building collapsed in the rear, authorities said.
No has been injured as of 10:00 p.m., fire officials said.
local, john garcia
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff 3 min ago
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale 2 min ago
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 40 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses 37 min ago
- Selection Sunday 2014: March Madness bracket hints 39 min ago
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour...
3 min ago
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
2 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos