Massive fire breaks out in Bridgeport warehouse
January 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A major fire broke out in a five-story vacant warehouse in the 3700-block of South Ashland Avenue Tuesday night, according to fire officials.
There are around 50 fire companies and 170 firefighters on the scene as of 10:00 p.m., the Office of News Affairs for the Chicago Fire Department said.
About a third of Chicago's fire apparatus is at the fire, according to fire officials.
The fire is classified as a "511" fire plus a special alarm for more trucks, officials said.
"This will be an extended operation. No injuries so far. 511 plus special is extremely rare," the CFD media affairs office tweeted.
The building collapsed in the rear, authorities said.
No has been injured as of 10:00 p.m., fire officials said.
local, john garcia
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 32 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 26 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton 8 min ago
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina 8 min ago
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen 6 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across...
32 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes...
26 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos