2 women arrested in smart-meter resistance
January 23, 2013 (NAPERVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two Naperville women were arrested Wednesday as crews attempted to install a new ''smart meter.''
Video of the arrests were posted online. The women are with the group Naperville Smart Meter Awareness.
They object to the meters citing health and security concerns, as well as reports that the devices have caused fires.
Jennifer Stahl is charged with interfering with an officer and preventing access to customer's premises. Malia Bendis is charged with attempted eavesdropping.
a federal lawsuit has been filed to stop installation of the meters.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 36 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning 21 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 2 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force 21 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday 54 min ago
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster 33 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese...
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students 50 min ago
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial 46 min ago
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Bears agree to 1-year deal with Tillman
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville 41 min ago
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
2 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
36 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over...
21 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
54 min ago